This Indian Economic Development Textbook is designed for those appearing for Class 11 examinations of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The book gives an insight of the socio-economic development of India, rural development and also the growth and changing structure of employment in India. Published by the NCERT, it comes in a paperback form.
Chapters Covered in the Book
Unit I: Development Policies and Experience (1947-1990)
• Chapter 1: Indian Economy on the Eve of Independence
• Chapter 2: Indian Economy 1950-1990
Unit II: Economic Reforms Since 1991
• Chapter 3: Liberalisation, Privatisation And Globalisation: An Appraisal
Unit III: Current Challenges Facing the Indian Economy
• Chapter 4: Poverty
• Chapter 5: Human Capital Formation in India
• Chapter 6: Rural Development
• Chapter 7: Employment: Growth, Informalisation And Other Issues
• Chapter 8: Infrastructure
• Chapter 9: Environment and Sustainable Development
Unit IV: Development Experiences Of India: A Comparison with Neighbours
• Chapter 10: Comparative Development Experiences of India and Its Neighbours
Salient Features of the Textbook
• Each chapter has been divided into several subsections to give the students a better understanding of the topics.
• ‘Recap’ section at the end of each chapter helps to review the important points of every chapter.
• Fill in the blanks and descriptive questions at the end of every chapter for practice.
• Topic-wise activity tasks are also provided so that students have a better understanding of the concept.